TRAVELLING ARTIST RESIDENCY
Applications for our 2018 Travelling Artist in Residency Program are now CLOSED
Amongst our gallery and six studio spaces, Watch This Space reserves one studio for artists living ‘out of town’ – interstate, overseas or outside the NT’s Central Desert region.
- 3.8 x 3.5m studio with desk and chair, including air-conditioning split-system.
- Creative, practical and professional support from our Coordinator.
- The opportunity to work in a creative environment amongst five other studio artists as well as local and interstate exhibiting artists.
- Use of WTS tools and equipment (prior arrangement ideal).
- Communal kitchen with fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities.
- Central location: only a 10 minute walk from the town centre, shops and supermarket. We also have a bike for Travelling Artists if necessary.
- Possibility of a pop-up exhibition at the end of the residency (if WTS Exhibition Program permits).
One month (negotiable)
$250 / month
Please note accommodation and assistance with travel costs are not included, however, we can provide a list of places to stay nearby to suit a range of budgets. Artists are encouraged to apply for funding to assist with expenses.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter explaining why you would like to do a residency in Alice Springs and what kind of project you will undertake
- Your preferred dates/month
- Five (5) images of recent work
- Artist CV
Sign up to our e-newsletter to receive updates on our Call Outs for Exhibition and Residency Proposals.
Image: Milly Cobb & Pops Bagnall, Travelling Artists in Residence, who completed a 3 month residency in 2013.