Call Outs for our 2018 Creative Program are now CLOSED
Watch This Space welcomes proposals from Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal artists, groups, curators and community organisations. We offer 3-week exhibition slots with subsidised hire fees in a unique environment: the Centre of Australia - Mparntwe/Alice Springs.
- A subsidised three-week exhibition at WTS.
- Guidance and support from our Gallery Coordinator, Curatorial Committee and Board in developing their professional artistic practice.
- Access to and assistance with WTS equipment, tools and resources.
- Support and advice regarding exhibition installation, marketing and publicity.
- Digital promotion of exhibition through the WTS website, social media platforms, e-newsletter and other online resources.
- Hard-copy mail out of invitation to WTS Members. This covers the cost for mail out, i.e. postage, labels and envelopes.
- Supply of all necessary invitation logos and organisation of printing promotional material.
- Opening night bar provision and attendance.
- Coordination of artwork sales on opening night and duration of exhibition except on Saturdays.
- Staffing of the exhibition during weekday open hours (Wed-Fri 12-5pm).
$330 for three weeks
$165 per week if less than three weeks
Maximum of three weeks. This includes install and de-install. We recommend artists to take this three-week option.
We are also open to pop-up exhibitions.
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Proposal (max. 500 words) including:
1. Your name and contact details: phone, email, address, website.
2. 3 preferred months to exhibit (in order of preference).
3. An exhibition rationale or statement of intention.
4. Details about work to be exhibited including medium, scale, shape of exhibition.
5. A statement explaining how your proposal relates to the Watch This Space aims and objectives.
6. Interstate and international artists must: Detail what and how you will contribute to the Northern Territory arts community.
- Artist CV (max. 2 pages per artist)
- Good quality visual support material. Between 5 and 10 images, or 3 links to video/multimedia works (per artist). Total file size: max. 5MB. Please include artwork details: title, year, medium, dimensions.
- Please submit application as ONE pdf document.
All programming decisions are made by the WTS Curatorial Committee. The committee is made up of three to four Alice Springs/Mparntwe based artists and arts workers. The committee will assess applications based on the relevance of the artist’s practice to Watch This Space’s aims as a contemporary experimental art space:
- To create opportunities for local artists’ work to be discovered and made visible through hosting contemporary art exhibitions.
- To provide opportunities for local, interstate and international artists to enrich the artistic and cultural life of Alice Springs through the delivery of high quality contemporary art activities.
- To foster an inclusive creative community of artists who share skills and experiences with each other by accessing the onsite gallery and studio space.
- To offer professional development opportunities for artists including artistic/cultural collaborations and skills development.
- To nurture the full breadth of contemporary art activities including multi-disciplinary art forms, new media and installation work.
Decisions will be finalised and applicants notified of outcome within 6 weeks of application closing date.