Watch This Space is a Not For Profit, Artist Run Initiative. We are supported by the Northern Territory Government through Arts NT, along with our annual members and donors.
For a small yearly cost of $35, WTS Members receive:
- Invitations to all WTS openings for the year
- Information on all our community programs and events including artist talks, forums, screenings, concerts and information sessions.
- A subscription to our e-newsletter updating you on what’s on at the space, as well as opportunities for artists, arts and cultural workers and the Central Australian community
- The opportunity to have a direct influence over what happens to the space
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- Pre-ticket sales to all our wild events and exciting opportunities
- Discounts at Chapman & Bailey Art Supplies in Alice Springs
- Discounted drinks at all our events
- The warm fuzzy feeling that comes with supporting your local artist-run-initiative!
Click the image to JOIN NOW!
Support This Space
You've been Watching This Space...
Why not Support This Space?
This year is our 25th Anniversary and we're calling on you, our beloved family and supporters, to help us get through the next 25.
Alice has a unique positioning in Australian cultural, geographical and historical contexts, making it an important place for contemporary art production. As the only Artist Run Initiative in a 1500km radius, WTS has provided a constructive and supportive environment for artists to develop, collaborate and experiment through exhibitions, residencies, artist camps, festivals, performances, offsite projects and an onsite studio community. It is a hub for artists to intersect, housing a diversity of practices from local, interstate and international backgrounds, engaging in deep and complex conversations relating to our context.
WTS is a charitable institution with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status. All donations to the space go towards strengthening the engagement with, presentation and creation of contemporary experimental art in Central Australia. These roles are invaluable to the region's Arts community, bringing great support to individuals, groups and organisations locally and nation-wide.
Please donate. It would mean so much to us.
WTS has a tax-deductible fund listed on the Australian Government's Register of Cultural Organisations maintained under Subdivision 30-B of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. This means any donation you make of $2 or more is tax-deductible - a great way to support the li'l guise whilst saving your pocket!
Donations through the website take a 2% surcharge. You can either add a little extra to take this into account, or you can leave it and your tax-deductible receipt will show 2% less of the total donation.
If you want to avoid the 2% surcharge, simply donate directly to our donations account and send us an email at email@example.com letting us know about the transfer.
Banner image: The 2013 Lofty Awards. Photo credit: Oliver Eclipse