Watch This Space employs a part-time Coordinator. This position is supported by our Board of Management and Curatorial Committee.
WTS is currently seeking a Gallery Assistant! Apply now to join our great team and work for the only Artist Run Initiative in Central Australia!
Casual Gallery Assistant
Approximately 10 hours/week
Assisting the Watch This Space Coordinator in:
- Upkeep of WTS premises: cleaning, organising and archiving.
- Maintaining and updating the Watch This Space website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Managing and responding to mail, emails, telephone enquiries, and drop in visitors
- Maintaining membership database and helping to engage new and existing members
- Organisation of exhibitions and events
- General office administration and maintaining daily operations of the WTS premises
- Interest in contributing to development of artistic community of Alice Springs
- Engagement with contemporary arts practice
- Ability to work unsupervised, use initiative, and be flexible
- Ability to engage a diverse range of people
- Positive attitude
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with stakeholders, community members, and artistic networks using a range of mediums, including phone, email, and face-to-face.
- Proficient with a range of computer programs including Word and Excel.
- Ability to promote events, exhibitions, artists and workshops to different audiences
- High level organisational skills
Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate, Driver’s Licence and/or own vehicle
To apply for position please send
Cover Letter (max. 1 page) and CV
by midnight Monday 12th March 2018.
Early submissions preferred.