All studios are currently full, however you are welcome to contact us about an Expression Of Interest at any time.
In our commitment to support contemporary experimental art in Central Australia, WTS houses six onsite studio spaces for local and visiting artists:
- 4 x Regular Studios, roughly 3.5 x 3.5m each (priority given to local artists)
- 1 x Sound Studio, 3.1 x 6m
- 1 x Travelling Artist In Residence Studio, 3.8 x 3.6m
STUDIO ARTISTS RECEIVE
- Studio space with desk and chair
- 24-hour access
- Split system (needed in the summer!)
- Kitchen facilities with coffee, tea & milk provided
- Access to onsite gallery and outdoor area
- Use of WTS tools and equipment
- Opportunity to have creative input in the organisation and its programs.
- Practical, professaional and creative support from our Coordinator.
- A vibrant environment to work in alongside other inspiring studio artists and individuals
Artists are required to submit* an application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Document (max. 1 page) including:
- Name and contact details: phone, email, address, website.
- Details about artist’s work
- How artist intends to use the studio, i.e: are they working on a specific project, exploring a concept, experimenting, using a particular media, etc.
- Why artist is interested in Watch This Space
- 3-8 images of artist’s work
*Submission deadlines vary depending on studio availability. Sign up to our newsletter to be informed of any vacancies.
Applications are assessed by our Curatorial Committee.
$155/month for Regular Studios
$350/month for Sound Studio
All studios are inclusive of power and internet.
Studios are conditional upon a standard contract.
Varies, though 6 months is recommended
If you are interested in renting an Artist Studio please contact us at email@example.com