The Pantry is a small exhibition room with its entrance accessed through our kitchen area (hence its name). Due to it's unique scale, The Pantry calls for experimental exhibitions to inhabit its tiny, curious space. Additionally, the space can be used as a dark room for presenting multi-media works.
FREE gallery hire!
Note: Beyond minor touch ups, the artist must cover expenses to return The Pantry to its original state after de-installing exhibition.
Additional time for install and de-install is negotiable.
- A fully subsidised space for artists to present experimental exhibitions and/or multi-media work.
- A quick turn around in response to applications.
- Access to and assistance with WTS equipment, tools and resources.
- The possibility to have an opening night event with bar provision and promotion of event. (This is dependant on programming, i.e. if the main gallery space's exhibition opening can coincide. Other options can be negotiated).
- Staffing of the exhibition during weekday open hours (Wed-Fri 12-5pm).
All programming decisions are made by the WTS Curatorial Committee. The Committee takes the following into consideration when assessing proposals:
- Level of experimentation.
- Availability of the space within the WTS Program.
- Priority is given to Northern Territory artists.
Applicants will be notified of outcome within 2 weeks of application submission.
Please email the following to email@example.com:
- Your name and contact details: phone, email, address, website.
- A description of the work you intend to exhibit and the shape the exhibition will take (max. 300 words)
- Any technical details for installing.
- 2 preferred months to exhibit* (in order of preference).
- Between 5-10 images, or 3 links to video/multimedia works. Images can be of actual work or indicative of work to be exhibited.
*Applicants must submit proposals at least one month prior to proposed exhibition period.
Examples of past works exhibited in The Pantry...